Taiwan Internet Report
2020 Taiwan Internet Report is conducted to understand the development and application of The Internet in Taiwan. Through understanding the user distribution and infrastructure of the Internet, our report is aimed to show the broad picture of the Internet in Taiwan. This year, due to Covid-19, we also added a section to analyze the impact of the pandemic towards the Taiwan's Internet and the digital divide of the Taiwanese society and to give a prediction of future trends of the Internet in Taiwan.
- Taiwanese people use mobile phones as the major device to access internet. Access time are mostly around 18:00~23:59, and most used services are exchaning information, sending messages and recreation.
- It is important that we continue to invest resource in rural areas to provide "digital assist" and provide “equal digital opportunities” between non-rural and rural areas and improve social and economic lives.
- The impact of COVID-19 on Taiwanese people's lives are limited. This indicates that Taiwan has done a great job on controlling the crisis, and minimizing the impact of the virus.
- COVID-19 is a catalyst to promote digital transformation. The sense of crisis brought by the pandemic is a boost for digital transformation in Taiwan, creating the best time for companies and governments to plan future steps to upgrade the industry.
- Frequent use of internet creates a concern on cyber security amongst Taiwanese people, both the government and the private sector should take more active actions.